top of page

Open Haven Campaign, Host Registration (ongoing)

We are currently seeking dinner party hosts to hold an "event with a purpose" to raise funds for the charity Open Haven. Register your party today. It can be a special event such as a birthday celebration or just an excuse to get together with friends and be giving to those in need.

Registration is Closed
See other events
Open Haven Campaign, Host Registration (ongoing)
Open Haven Campaign, Host Registration (ongoing)

Time & Location

20 Aug 2021, 7:00 pm – 31 Dec 2021, 11:00 pm

Brisbane, Brisbane QLD, Australia


About the Event

We are currently looking for awesome people (we refer to them as Superstar Hosts) to register to hold private dinner or cocktail parties to raise funds for Open Haven. 

The steps are simple-

1 - Simply register your interest on the form below (we need date, time, address, theme and any extra info your guests may require)

2 - My Giving Table sets up a unique page for your event with the details you register and we then share the url with you.

3 - You share the url link to that event page with your friends

4 - ​Friends RSVP and pay the "ticket donation" to attend your event, via the link and come along and enjoy not only your event but also the wonderful feeling of giving to those in need.

As a host you choose the menu and theme of your event, you choose the location and designate the price for a ticket to your event. All proceeds are tracked and collected in accordance with the Collections Act and the Office of Fair Trade to ensure that the funds go to the chosen charity. 85% of funds go directly to the charity with the remaining 15% ensureing the event booking system and compliance is maintained. My giving Table set up a unique event page for you as your invitation and explanation of your event. You simply share this link with your invited guests and they can see exactly what your event is for and all the details. 

Open Haven is a registered charity that provides a safe and confidential place for women who are  survivors of domestic violence.

Our vision is that every woman is valued and empowered into a supportive community. We strive for this vision by mobilising and harnessing the community to provide essential skills and long term support in order to help rebuild their lives.

We create a personalised plan that sets them on a path of empowerment. Through this plan, we provide long term coordinated support for the women, services such as: Driving lessons, English and literacy classes, access to child psychologists, lawyers and health providers, help moving house, toiletries, clothing, Food and Fuel vouchers, child care support, and advocate to sit with them in the courtroom,a spokesperson to organise a rental property with an estate agent, help with writing a resume, help gaining a skill/qualification and finding employment. The potential list is endless but Open Haven always finds a way to meet these requirements, and at all times, at no cost to the woman.Our relationship remains open at all times, and does not end until the day they say to us, I'm good, I'm ready. This journey could be 6 months, a year or 2 years.

We help transform lives by gently setting the women on a path of independence and self sufficiency.

Currently, all of these services are run out of a hub in Balmoral/Bulimba and we are very excited to replicate the work we are doing by setting up another hub in Logan so that hundreds more women and children can be reached, and their lives transformed. As little as $50,000 per annum will enable us to set this up.

My Giving Table is committed to assisting Open Haven reach this goal and to do this we need your help: 

What can you do? Register to be a host here and we will set you up with a unique URL for your event. You set the date, the time, the theme and the price for your friends to attend. You invite friends and they register and pay through your unique URL that we send you. 

All funds are tracable and collected in compliance with fundraising codes and the Office of Fair Trade requirements. 

As a Superstar Host you provide the venue and the food, your friends can be asked to contribute by bringing drinks if you would like, it is up to you. Basically you hold a party with purpose, enjoy the company of friends while assisting Open Haven to reach their goal of a new pod. 

Share This Event

bottom of page